The Chemtools basic concepts of ESD, how it occurs, proper precautionary measures required to avoid electronic damage to sensitive electronic components.
How to control ESD by working in ESD protected areas and workstations, proper mitigation techniques, proper handling techniques and use of personal grounding devices.
At the end of the 2 hour course student will receive a Chemtools Certificate of Training.
· What is Static Electricity?
· What is ESD/EOS?
· What causes ESD/EOS?
· What types of materials can generate static electricity?
· What effects ESD can have on electronic components
· Problems related to ESD and the relative costs
· Difficulties in identifying ESD related failure
· Categories of ESD failure
· How to control generation of static electricity; how to control ESD
· Work area control techniques
· Proper packaging and handling techniques
· Personal Grounding
Working in an ESD-Protected Area
· ESD Protected Area controls
· Elements of an ESD-safe workstation
· Proper use of Wristraps and Heelstraps