The IPC- J-STD-001 training course has become the industry authority for electronics assembly manufacturing.
The standard describes materials, methods, and verification criteria for producing high quality soldered inter-connections. It emphasizes process control, as well as setting industry consensus requirements for a broad range of electronic products.
In this course, you select the modules/topics that meet your training requirements.
The IPC- J-STD-001 Operator Proficiency Series is a comprehensive, knowledge-based series of modules that certify students to the methods and procedures presented in the J-STD-001 document. Designed for operators, the program helps workers to interpret the J-STD-001 specification through lecture, demonstration, and labs.
AFTER COMPLETION: Certification requires a 70% or better grade for each module completed. Operators will be certified for up to two (2) years.
Module 1 – Overview of J-STD-001 (Required)
- Safety, EOS/ESD, Classes of Equipment
- Solder Theory of Solderability
- Solder Flux and Solder Alloys
- Facilities, Tools & Equipment
- Surface Mount Technology
Module 2 – Wires and Terminals (Optional)
- Wire Preparation and Solder to Terminals
- Terminal Inspection
- Wire and Terminal Demo and Lab
Module 3 – Through-Hole (Optional)
- Preparation and Component Mounting
- PTH Inspection Criteria
- PTH Soldering Demo and Lab
Module 4 – Surface Mount (Optional)
- SMT Criteria
- SMT Demo and Lab
Module 5 – Inspection Methods (Optional)
- Theory of Inspection
- SPC Defect Definition and Disposition
- Inspection Skills Demo and Lab